Swine flu is common in pigs in the Midwestern United States, Mexico, Canada, South America, Europe, including the UK, Kenya, China and Japan.
Swine flu is rare in humans though people who work with pigs are at greatest risk of catching swine influenza if the swine carry a strain able to infect humans.
However, the 2009 flu outbreak in humans is apparently NOT solely due to a pig flu virus. It is due to a new strain of influenza A virus (subtype H1N1) a combination of human flu, avian (bird flu) and pig flu that is now transmittable from human to human.
In humans, the symptoms of swine flu like common flu include fever, chills, sore throat, cough, achy joints and weakness.
How this came about is unknown!! And it passes from human to human with ease as it is able to mutate. However, the strain in most cases causes only mild symptoms and the infected person makes a full recovery without requiring medical attention and without the use of antiviral medicines.
So why are people dieing from this in Mexico? Consider this, even usual Winter flu kills many people each year. This swine flu is possibly considered to be similar to usual seasonal flu. Another explanation is that the health care may not be as good in Mexico and standard of living, nutrition and cleanliness also not as high as in the USA or UK. What ever happens it is important to remain calm and be sensible.
So what can we do ourselves to help?
1) Do antibacterial products work for viruses? Although antibacterial soaps and hand gels are targeted more at killing bacteria, which is a different germ altogether, washing your hands is a good habit to get into.
2) In fact general good hygiene – including no spitting on the street, or disposing of chewing gum, cigarettes or anything in contact with your hands and mouth in an unclean manor.
3) Carrying tissues rather than using your sleeve, then disposing of the tissue down the toilet is best or at least a rubbish bin.
4) Most importantly keeping ourselves fit and healthy is the key. Usual winter flu epidemics affect the weak and elderly, so by eating lots of healthy fruit and vegetables we may keep our immune systems in tip top health.
5) Mineral therapy (practitioner prescribed) is also very good at boosting the immune system together with Bioresonance therapy to help balance your immune system.
6) Whist natural antiviral products such as colloidal silver or coconut oil may also work to help boost the immune system and ward off any unwanted bugs.